Join the conversation! Login or register to ask your question or help a fellow rider.
Call us 24/7 - 1-800-461-8898

Reply To: Saddle Recommendations!!

Thunder15
Topics Started: 0Replies Posted: 3

I don’t know what your budget is but if you can swing it get a Voltaire Saddle if your going to be doing any jumping at all. I had a coronary at what I paid for mine! But after having it since August I can tell you honestly it’s amazing!! I condition mine with the Hercules Leather Balsam. Initially it took a lot but now it hardly takes any to condition it. I’d use that with any good leather saddle and tack. I clean and condition mine weekly. That said the Voltaire is super soft so talk rodding for 4 hours is no problem for me or Thunder. Thunder is an OTTB who’s not long off the track and is/was terrified of moving water. Did you know a horse can jump an 8′ wide creek from a standstill? I didn’t come off in that saddle! I have an older Stubben as well. I like it a lot but it’s become my rainy day saddle. Make sure you get a trial period on any used saddle. If buying new get it checked at the time it gets there and a few times after it breaks in as things soften up and form to your horse. Always clean and condition your tack so it doesn’t rub or wear and will conform to your horse. Hope this helps

Healthy Horses  ❤  Happy Riders