Join the conversation! Login or register to ask your question or help a fellow rider.
Call us 24/7 - 1-800-461-8898

Reply To: INPUT NEEDED! Refusing to move forward while lunging; Putting up a fight

carrie_dobrin
Topics Started: 0Replies Posted: 19

Carrie_dobrin

It’s not Clinton Anderson’s way of training. It just so happened that in the episode he was working with a uncooperative horse who needed this type of training solution. He has other training methods that are excellent to learn.

In my opinion, you have to show a horse who is boss, if you don’t then they might get it into their heads as they grow older that they can boss you around and buck and do whatever they want while you are riding them.
believe me, I’ve worked with some stubborn minded horses before buying my own, and they had the same thought in their heads.
Some would even kick out at me in the lunge pen withing a few inches from where I was standing. But they soon learned to stop that after I whipped them in the a**.

There are much better ways to teach a horse who is boss beside whipping them in the a**. And if Clinton Anderson actually used that technique, then it is one of his methods or ways of training. If it wasn’t one of his methods, he would not have used it. I have worked with plenty of stubborn minded horse before in my life, including my own. As the old saying goes, “You catch more flies with honey” ….

Healthy Horses  ❤  Happy Riders