Reply To: Arthritis Help

Merlin
Topics Started: 0Replies Posted: 3

I have a 19 year old Appendix gelding, now retired Hunter/Jumper, who is ridden 3 times a week for about 3 hours each time on medium challenging trails at all three gaits throughout our ride. When I bought him at age 10, he already had hock arthritis from rigorous jump training and showing. He had difficulty lifting and holding up his hind legs for the farrier. After trying every joint supplement recommended by everyone with no results, I finally found THE ONE and now 5 barn friends are also using it with good results and all of our horses love the taste. It is the Corta-Flx HA-100 solution. They make a regular solution but the HA-100 has 100 mg of hyaluronic acid per serving vs. only 50 mg in the regular. I believe the extra 50 mg makes a significant difference. He gets the one ounce dose everyday mixed in with his Triple Crown grain. Other people just use an oral syringe dose and their horses paw if they have to wait too long for their “magic juice”. I started to notice subtle improvements at about 6 months and after a year, he was lifting and holding his back legs for the farrier, greatly improved in weighting his hind end and enjoying LOW jumps once again. I have been able to avoid the hock injections and hope the Corta-Flx will continue to work for the rest of our partnership days. We all love our horses and they deserve the best that we can give them.