Join the conversation! Login or register to ask your question or help a fellow rider.
Call us 24/7 - 1-800-461-8898

Reply To: Close Contact V.S. All Purpose

Joe-Joe Joe-Joe
Topics Started: 17Replies Posted: 1205

I have a Stubben Siegfried that I bought in 1968. I love it, and it fits me like a glove. If you want to do any jumping, you really do need a forward seat saddle, and I recommend that you get the best (not necessarily the most expensive) one you can find, as it will last you a lifetime. Keep in mind that the saddle must also fit your horse, as well as you or neither of you will be happy. If, at a later time, you want to do dressage, you will have to get a dressage saddle. If you know a lot about saddles (or have a friend who does), you can often find some great used ones on Ebay. Used saddles have the advantage of already being broken in, but might also be literally broken. If you go that route, make sure you would be able to return it if it doesn’t suit. Do you have a horse of your own? If not, buying a saddle of your own might not be a great idea.

All purpose saddles are, essentially, no purpose. No one saddle can do everything.

It is never the horse's fault

Healthy Horses  ❤  Happy Riders