Join the conversation! Login or register to ask your question or help a fellow rider.
Call us 24/7 - 1-800-461-8898

Reply To: Finding the right trailer…

G & S
Topics Started: 16Replies Posted: 249

I’m sure the hit on selling your 2014 Jeep will hurt, but you could look at it as saving the money & grief you could have if you tried to pull a horse trailer with the Jeep, and the car and/or trailer ended up damaged, plus the horse and/or you ended up injured. When I am trying to make a difficult decision, I try to look at the worst case scenario of both or all options, and figure out which I could least live with and which I could most easily live with. That can make decision clearer. Although it sounds like you may have already done that. One of the problems with pulling a horse trailer is that anything that can safely & comfortably for both car driver and horse(s), is going to have lousy gas milage. One possible solution is to have a small car with exceptional milage for every day driving and a sufficiently powerful truck to pull the trailer. Two cars to insure, but the truck will last longer if not used for everyday driving. Not a solution for everybody, but something to consider.

Healthy Horses  ❤  Happy Riders